How should I feed my child? The answer is what works best for you, your family and most importantly your baby.
Some advantages of spoon feeding
- More food more quickly – your baby can get their food as quickly as they want it if you go at their pace.
- Less mess – It goes without saying that allowing your little one to only feed themselves can result in some very messy situations at the dinner table.
- You’ll know how much they’ve eaten – By creating your own mashes or purees you know exactly what is going into them and what nutrients and vitamins you’re giving your baby.
Some advantages of BLW
- Eat with the family – babies are included in family mealtimes from the start, eating the same food and joining in the social time.
- Fine motor skills – Feeding themselves allows babies to practice important aspects of their development at every mealtime. Using their fingers to get food to their mouths means they can practice hand-eye coordination; gripping foods of different sizes and textures several times a day improves their dexterity.
- Different textures- They get used to different food textures from the beginning.
Need help navigating where to start? I can help you decide which method will work best for you and your little. I want to help you feeling confident and comfortable starting solids.
You got this mama 💖💪🏽